Exposing Hillary So She Won't Get Elected

School Puts “Muslim Prayer Room” in Building… Texas AG Seeks Answers

While liberals in America are more than happy to ban Christianity from any and all public places, they rarely seem to show quite the same initiative when it comes to Islamic displays of faith.

The most recent example of this appeared in Texas, where Liberty High School in the Frisco Independent School District has come under fire after converting a classroom into a special “prayer room” for Muslim students, WFAA reported.

The prayer room, opened in 2009, was designed so Muslim students wouldn’t have to drive home to conduct their daily prayers. This has drawn criticism from some who have questioned whether the school was allowing non-Muslim students to use the room for prayer.

“Liberty High School’s policy should be neutral toward religion,” read a letter sent to Frisco’s superintendent by Deputy Attorney General Andrew Leonie. “However, it appears that students are being treated different based on their religious beliefs. Such a practice, of course, is irreconcilable with our nation’s enduring commitment to religious liberty.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has even weighed in on the controversy. In a tweet from the governor’s official Twitter account, he stated that the state attorney general was investigating the situation.

“The Texas Attorney General is looking into the Public School Prayer Room issue many of you have questioned,” the Twitter posting read.

KXAN noted that school officials had claimed that the room was open for all students,and that they had had no problems regarding it before now.

The controversy over the prayer room started after a student-run newspaper, the Liberty Wingspan, ran an article reporting the room was devoted to the religions needs of “some students.”

If this school has only allowed Muslim students to use the room, they should be stopped because that would appear to violate the First Amendment.

Within reason, schools should accommodate the religious needs of all students; they shouldn’t be selectively picking which religions to make accommodations for.

H/T EAGnews

Comments